Typical Poster Rubric
- 0 - Cluttered or sloppy appearance. Gives the impression of a solid mass of text and graphics, or
piecesare scattered and disconnected. Little white space.
- 1 - Pleasant to look at. Pleasing use of colors, text, and graphics
- 2 - Very pleasing to look at. Particularly nice colors and graphics.
- 0 - Very little. Gives the impression of a solid mass of text and graphics.
- 1 - OK. Sections of the poster are separated from one another.
- 2 - Lots. Plenty of room to rest the eyes. Lots of separation.
Text / Graphics Balance
- 0 - Too much text. The poster gives an overwhelming impression of text only. OR Not enough
text.Cannot understand what the graphics are supposed to relate.
- 1 - Balanced. Text and graphics are evenly dispersed in the poster; enough text to explain the
- 0 - Too small to view comfortably from a distance of 4 feet.
- 1 - Main text OK, but secondary text in too small
- 2 - Easy to read from 1-1.5 meters
- 1 - Very easy to read.
Organization and Flow
- 0 - Cannot figure out how to move through poster
- 1 - Headings or other methods used to organize the flow of the eye
- 2 - Headings, numbering, columns, bullets, bars, rows, etc.